There's Only One Of Us
The World Within Our Senses (The Sensory World) insists that there are billions of us inhabiting this planet and all of us are unique. Even identical twins look slightly different and vary in their beliefs, decisions, preferences and so on. Even though we are learning that this is a mirage, it is so compelling that we must compensate for it in our daily lives. Accordingly, almost every decision we make is influenced by how the world, and the imaginary people in it, will respond.
But our goal is to see beyond that. We must recognize what Quantum Physics and countless people with spiritual experiences like mine are clearly telling us, i.e. that there is no separation and thus there is only one of us. To do so, requires that we perceive ALL other people as joined with us in an ultra-loving state in The World Beyond Our Senses. No differences whatsoever. Love makes no distinctions. As indicated in previous articles, this realization is likely to be a gradual process.
Now let's explore this Oneness notion and lay out some of its features:
- If we are all One then, despite how it appears, everyone else is a mirror of you.
- This includes those we label angelic as well as those we consider robbers, rapists, murderers and pedophiles. It includes our very best friends ... and ... our worst enemies.
- Thus within our dream this kaleidoscope of "people features" represents our potential to both love and hate ... to nurture and reject ... to experience both peace and turmoil.
- So when we come across people we don't like, we are actually experiencing reflections of things we don't like about ourselves. It may not seem that way. In fact, we may argue for an opposite conclusion. But if we are all One then you ARE those people and they ARE you. It may take some more convincing for this to sink in but, until it does, the denial of this form of Oneness is keeping us in that prison we call The Sensory World.
- In The World Beyond Our Senses there is only One thing ... Love. Everything else fades into nothingness because there is no "everything else."
Now here's a fascinating thought.
If those who irritate us are actually part of us then we MUST see beyond their "shortcomings" if we are to perceive ourselves as Love. Spiritual Love is all encompassing. There can be nothing else. Thus if we see any part of us as even slightly offensive then we have denied the complete state of Love that is our reality.
This is where True Forgiveness comes in from a previous article. We must learn that this Sensory World is nothing but a dream and the unloving behavior of everyone, including that of you, me and those who offend us, is but a fiction. As we approach that realization, True Forgiveness becomes easier because, ultimately, there is nothing to forgive. And if there is nothing to forgive then the slate is clean and we are left with a glorious state of Loving Oneness. No resentments. No judgments. Just Love.
© Gary Craig
All Rights Reserved